Day 1: Evening welcoming in Interlaken. Review equipment and tour.
Day 2: Travel from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch via train. Ski traverse to the Konkordia Hut (2,850 m / 9,348′) via Trugberg Mountain (3,867 m / 12,684′). This is a great ski descent with spectacular views of Konkordiaplatz (the region where four glaciers come together, the glacial ice is ~3,000′ thick!).
Day 3: From the Konkordia Hut, ski to the Finsteraar Hut (3,048 m / 9,997′) via Grunhornlucke (3,266 m / 10,712′). Ascent of Weissnollen (3,594 m / 11,788′) over two glaciers followed by a fantastic ski descent.
Day 4: From Finsteraar Hut, ascend and extraordinaire ski descent of Gross Wannenhorn (93905m / 12,886 ft) or Agassihorn at (3,953m / 13,044 ft). Return to the Finsteraar Hut.
Day 5: From the Finsteraar Hut, embark on a mellow ski traverse to the Oberaar Hut (3,258 m / 10,686′). Ski a peak along the way.
Day 6: From the Oberaar Hut, descend to the town of Munster (1,388 m / 4,552′) via Galmilucke (3,293 m / 10,801′) or Galmihorn (3,486 m / 11,434′). This is a great descent from the white ice and snow of the glacier to the green valley floor (6,134′ vertical!). Return to Interlaken.
This is a strenuous tour and requires a high level of fitness. Participants must be strong skiers able to perform strong stem christies while carrying a pack in variable conditions: Powder, hard spring snow, crud and everything in between. Basic mountaineering skills are helpful, we may use a rope, ice axe, and crampons. Your guide will be happy to teach you these skills during the tour.
April 25 – 30, 2017
May 1 – 6, 2017
Cost Spring 2017:
- 3 persons $ 3,285 per person
- 4 persons $ 2,720 per person
- 5 persons $ 2,400 per person
Ratio: maximum 5 participants, one guide.
- Professional Bilingual guide & expenses
- Transportation during the tour, train to Jungfraujoch,
- Train from Munster back to Interlaken, via Brig.
- Mountain Huts 5 nights, with breakfast and dinner
- Group technical equipment. First aid kit, ropes, radio.
- Rescue sled, repair kit.
Services Not Included:
- Transfer to and from Interlaken
- Hotel and Meals in Interlaken
- Picnic lunches
- Personal gear
- Rescue insurance, Incidentals