Everest BC, Solo Khumbu to Kala Patthar Trek
Day 1: Arrival in Katmandu. Meeting at the airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 2: Katmandu sight seeing.
Day 3: Takes 30 minute flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (9,186ft.). Treks from Lukla to Phakding (3 – 4 hours). Overnight in Phakding (8,700ft).
Day 4: Treks from Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3,440m. (6 – 7 hours).
Day 5: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 6: Namche Bazaar to the Sherpa village of Khumjung (4 hours). Visit Khunde Hospital. Overnight in Khumjung (12,500ft).
Day 7: Sherpa village of Khumjung to Phunki Thenga. Phunki Tenga to Tengboche (6-7 hours). Visit of the temple and walk to Deboche 45 minutes. Overnight in Deboche.
Day 8: Deboche to Dingboche (6-7hours). Overnight in Dingboche.
Day 9: Acclimatization day in Dingboche. Overnight Dingboche.
Day 10: Dingboche to Lubuche. Overnight in Lubuche (12,894ft). N.B. Nights get colder now and the effects of altitude will be felt.
Day 11: Acclimatization day in Lubuche. Overnight in Lubuche.
Day 12: Lubuche – Gorak Shep – Everest Base Camp (17,575 ft) – Gorak Shep (5-6 hours). Overnight Gorak Shep (16,929 ft.).
Day 13: Gorak Shep to Kala Pattar. Two hour climb to summit of Kala Pattar (18,192 ft). Return to Lubuche and overnight there. (6 – 7 hour day).
Day 14: Lubuche to Dingboche
Day 15: Dingboche to Phortse
Day 16: Phortse to Namche Bazaar
Day 17: Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Day 18: Lukla – Katmandu
Day 19: Katmandu – connect to International flight
- Cost is based on the number of participants. Contact for details
- All meals and accommodation en route from and to Kathmandu
- All ground camping equipment ( sleeping, dinning, cooking and toilet tents)
- Experienced Sherpas guide with necessary number of porters for your trip
- Sherpa and porter allowance and insurance
- Air fare Kathmandu to Lukla and back
- Hotel in Kathmandu (4 nights)
- National park entrance fees
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure for international flights
Services Not Included:
- International airfare
- Visas fee
- Travel insurance
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Personal clothing, equipment
- International departure tax
- Incidentals, (price changes such as increase in permit fee, airfares)